Prevent - Anti-terrorism awareness
Prevent is the government programme for the prevention of radicalisation of individuals and groups. This half day interactive workshop is designed to provide an overview of the roles and responsibilities within the Prevent programme and develop actions plans to ensure it is implemented effectively.
Public funded bodies known as ‘specified authorities’ have a responsibility under the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015 to pay due regard for the prevention of terrorism. It is a requirement that all providers of education put measures in place to safeguard their students and staff against the threat of terrorism and radicalisation.
This half day interactive workshop will provide an opportunity for those working in education to explore the topic, understand their obligations and put action plans in place to ensure they are fully compliant.
The workshop covers the following topics
- The terrorist threat facing Britain today
- The aims and objectives of the Prevent Strategy
- What Channel is & how to make referrals
- The requirements of the Prevent Strategy Duty in schools and education
- Understand what actions you need to take to meet your duty under Prevent in line with Ofsted requirements